Packed with protein and gooey chocolate, the addition of YaconViva’s Yacon Syrup delivers all the flavour, but is low in sugar.
YaconViva Yacon Syrup is a natural alternative to sugar and is incredibly versatile, making it the ideal swap for all your Christmas bakes.
Ingredients to make two souffles
20g Blended oats
40g Chocolate flavoured protein powder
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup
2 Medium egg whites
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
2. Whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl add the milk, YaconViva Yacon Syrup, protein powder, baking powder and oats and mix until combined.
4. Carefully fold the mixture into the egg whites, being careful not to over mix.
5. Line two ramekins with a light spray of coconut oil or butter and transfer the mixture evenly into the ramekins.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the edges are set.
7. Allow to cool and serve with a scoop of your favourite ice cream and a handful of fresh berries. Enjoy!
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.