110g unsalted butter
100g soft light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
150g Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
A handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola to roll the cookies in.
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
100g milk or dark chocolate chips
METHOD TO MAKE 15 LARGE COOKIES
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line two flat baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, place the butter, sugar, maple syrup. Cream together with a wooden spoon.
3. Add in the egg and beat well to combine.
4. Add in the Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Gently mix together.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and mix further.
6. Place the mixing bowl into the fridge to rest for around an hour. (Transfer to a smaller bowl if needed.)
7. Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into equally sized balls (around the size of a large walnut) and roll in your hands to shape.
8. Push each ball into the handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola and place onto the lined baking tray granola side up. Make sure these are well spaced on the tray as they will spread when baking.
9. Place the tray of cookies into the fridge to chill for 5 minutes. Take out the fridge and place in the middle of the preheated oven to bake for around 10-12 minutes.
10. Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool down on the tray for around an hour before moving them. Enjoy!
NOTES: Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola RRP £3.60 for 500g, available from Waitrose and Ocado.
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.