The area around Brooklands Par 3 Golf Course had been cordoned off by police earlier today after it was suspected that two dogs had been electrocuted after entering the pond, police said.
The fire service and UK Power Networks were called to assist at the scene and the public was urged to stay away.
Police said the area has now been made safe and has been reopened to the public.
The dogs are reported to be in a stable condition, police said.
The spokesman said: "The area around Brooklands Par 3 Golf Course in Worthing has been made safe by partner agencies and has been reopened, 4.30pm on 11 August.
"The dogs affected are reported to be in a stable condition.
"Thank you to everyone for your patience."
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We were made aware of an incident which occurred at Brooklands Park on Saturday 11th August.
“Our engineers attended to investigate alongside the park’s electricians and found no fault on UK Power Networks equipment.
“We are sorry to hear that two dogs were injured and our thoughts are with their owners.
“The safety of our staff and the public is a top priority.”
Worthing Borough Council has been contacted for a comment.