Bus services affected as Countryliner Sussex goes into administration

East Sussex County Council received information late on Monday October 8, that Countryliner Sussex Ltd had gone into administration.

A number of public and school bus services in East Sussex will be affected from Tuesday 9 October.

A county council spokesperson said: “We are sorry for the disruption this will cause.”

The county council said it had taken action to ensure that at a minimum those services that provide journeys to and from school operate on Tuesday October 9 in the morning and afternoon.

This will mean children should be able get to and from school as normal but expect delays.

It is likely there will be disruption to bus services throughout the day.

The following services will be affected:

121 Newick – Chailey – Cooksbridge - Lewes

125 Barcombe – Cooksbridge – Lewes – Glynde - Alfriston

127 Lewes Landport Estate

128 Lewes Town

166 Lewes – Plumpton Green – Wivelsfield Green – Haywards Heath

254 Tunbridge Wells – Frant – Wadhurst – Ticehurst - Hawkhust

256 Tunbridge Wells to Uplands Community College (School Journeys only)

258 Kilndown – Lamberhurst – Wadhurst

259 Bodle Street – Wartling – Cowbeech – Heathfield Community College

261 Uckfield – Maresfield – Nutley – Chelwood Gate – Forest Row – E Grinstead

304/305 Hastings – Battle – Roberstbridge – Hurst Green - Hawkhurst

824 Village Rider serving Lewes, Plumpton Green, Wivelsfield Green, Ditchling, Burgess Hill

Transport to the following schools and colleges will be affected:

Chailey School

St Peters CE School, Chailey

Uckfield Community Technology College

Ringmer Academy

Wivelsfield County Primary

Uplands Community College, Wadhurst

Heathfield Community College

Robertsbridge Community College

Claverham Community College, Battle

Priory School, Lewes

Sussex Downs College, Lewes

Warden Park School, Cuckfield

Sackville School, East Grinstead

For more information please call our Public Transport Services team on 01273 335080 – we will do our best to help you. This information is also available at www.eastsussex.gov.uk