Crews tackle accidental kitchen blaze in Newhaven

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Lincs Fire and Rescue News.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire at a property in Newhaven today (June 10).

Three appliances from Newhaven, Seaford and Roedean were mobilised to the address on Elphick Road at 15:13. One officer also attended.

On arrival, they found there to be a small fire in the kitchen of the property.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and foam to extinguish the flames.

The cause of the fire was found to be accidental due to cooking.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind the public to take care when cooking.

More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking and many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/

3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.