Crews tackle kitchen fire in Ringmer

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire in a Ringmer home shortly before midnight last night (Monday, April 18).

Two appliances from Barcombe and Preston Circus were mobilised to the scene on Fairlight Field at 11:58pm.

On arrival, crews confirmed there was a fire in the ground floor kitchen. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the flames and the fire was extinguished using one hose reel.

The cause of the fire has been confirmed as accidental.

One resident showed signs of smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.