Disaster fund reaches £15,000
Donations to the Shoreham Airshow Disaster Fund have reached £15,000 in just four days.
Adur District Council, Worthing Borough Council, Brighton & Hove City Council and West Sussex County Council have set up a dedicated fundraising page through the Sussex Community Foundation www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving where donations can be made on the website, via text or by telephone.
The Adur and Worthing councils have produced official promotional fundraising posters, available to download via their website, to further support and encourage the many fundraising activities in the area for the fund.
Councillor Neil Parkin, leader of Adur District Council, said: “The Communities in Shoreham, Lancing, Sompting, Southwick and Coombes are still incredibly saddened by what has happened but as we have seen in the last few days, they are also coming together to share their grief. The funds raised so far are very impressive, and we want to help and assist everyone in all their fundraising activities, as this will also aid the healing process and help everyone come to terms with this extraordinarily tragic incident.”
Councillor Daniel Humphreys, leader of Worthing Borough Council, added: “I have been awestruck by the response of the community and by all of the hard work that is going into fund raising for the Shoreham Airshow Disaster Fund. We want to do all we can to help and to make the process as simple as possible. That’s why we have made these posters to be displayed by all those willing to get involved and to reassure the public that all the money donated will go directly to the fund.”
To ensure all cash collected is added to the overall total, the council has also arranged a special collection service to transfer cash securely – when fundraising tins/buckets are ready to be picked up, please call 01903 221432 and arrangements will be made for an official contractor to make the collection.
Alternatively, cash can be handed over at the Cash Office in Portland House, Worthing BN11 1HA.
Donations can also be made in the following ways:
• Online at www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving
• By text by texting SAIR10 plus the amount you wish to donate to 70070
• By calling Sussex Community Foundation on 01273 409446 (between 9am and 5pm) with credit or debit card details
• Via your bank by making cheques payable to: ‘Sussex Community Foundation’ OR pay into CAF Bank account number 00095624, Sort code 40-52-40. Account name is Sussex Community Foundation. Please mark cheques SHOREHAM.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.