Firefighters were called to a house in Lower Willingdon yesterday (April 7) after a dressing gown caught alight.
Crews from Eastbourne fire station attended the incident at a house on Seven Sisters Road at around 9am after reports that a dressing gown left on an induction hob had caught fire.
The small house fire was out on arrival and advice was given by the crew to the elderly homeowner.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.