Elderly woman suffers smoke inhalation after Bexhill fire

Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132511001Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132511001
Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132511001

This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.

An elderly woman suffered smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Bexhill last night (Tuesday, January 18).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Bexhill were sent to St Anne’s Close after reports of a fire at around 7.20pm.

The small, accidental kitchen fire was out on arrival but firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the building of smoke.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Paramedics attended and treated the pensioner at the scene, who was suffering after breathing in smoke.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.