Thousands more people are expected to travel by train for the event than on a normal Friday Bank Holiday, so additional trains and carriages will be provided throughout the day.
More trains and/or strengthening of scheduled services will be added to a Saturday level of service on the following routes:
- Between Brighton and London Victoria
- Some Gatwick Express services between Gatwick Airport and London Victoria
- Between Southampton/Littlehampton/Bognor Regis/Ore/Hastings/Eastbourne and London Victoria
- Between Horsham/Reigate/Redhill/East Grinstead and London
- South London services – between Dorking/Epsom and London Victoria
- London Bridge to London Victoria (via Denmark Hill)
Southern’s Head of Train Planning Dave Walker said: “We are expecting thousands more people than normal to travel on Southern services for the event, so we are providing additional trains and carriages to cope with the extra numbers.
“Although the public event is due to finish at around 2.30pm, many people are likely to stay in London for a while, especially if the weather is good, so we are making sure there is plenty of capacity for the journey home.”