Fire in Ferring bungalow

A 47-YEAR-OLD woman was rescued from her bungalow after a fire broke out late yesterday (Wednesday, March 3) evening.

Worthing fire fighters were called to the home in Cissbury Road, Ferring, after a woman called to say she was trapped in her bedroom as smoke swirled through the property.

The crew had to use four breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire and were there from 11pm until 12.20am.

Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

The fire fighters also rescued a dog from the heavily smoke logged property.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally.

-------------------------------------

Click here to go back to Worthing news.

Where are you? Add your pin to the Herald's international readers' map by clicking here.

Email the Herald: [email protected]

Click here for the Herald staff directory.

Want to read this page in French, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu or 48 other languages? click here for Google translate.