Hailsham Community College is celebrating after achieving a solid set of GCSE results.
Principal Phil Mathews said: “I would like to congratulate all the Hailsham Community College students for a very good set of results across the full range of subjects.
“The provisional percentage of students achieving five A*-C grades including English and maths is 48 percent.
“In particular we wish to commend a large group of students for their outstanding performance by achieving five or more A* and A grades.
“Special congratulations to Mary Adeniji (12), Rebecca Hastings (11), Summer Tennant (11), Kirsty Ray (11), Millie Chatfield (11), Sophie McEwen (10), Madeleine Lusted (10), Alice Smith (9), Daniel Allen (8), Kirsty Bloomfield (8). Rachel Thomas (8), Jorgina Standen (8), Martha Cowell (7), Francesca Harbour (6), Charlie Bentley-Astor (6), Giselle Olive-Hothi (5), Michael Allen (5), Alix
Chapman (5), Alex Spalding (5), James Taylor (5) and Christian Bevan (5).
“Once again, this is a terrific testament to the support provided by staff and parents this year. Most of all, however, it reflects the commitment and dedication of our Year 11 students.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.