A poorly seal pup was rescued from the beach at Seaford last week.
Two rescuers from the East Sussex Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service were called out by the British Divers Marine Life Rescue.
The people who found the young Harbor Seal pup had picked it up off the beach and put it in the boot of their car until help arrived.
The seal was very underweight and had an injury to its muzzle which was swollen.
WRAS took the seal to RSPCA Mallydams in Fairlight where the poorly pup was bedded down in the centre’s specialist seal facilities.
WRAS has also received several calls regarding seals at Sovereign Harbour this week.
One caller reported a seal with what appeared to be blood around its head.
However WRAS says this was just staining from a red coloured silt which can be found further along the coast.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.