Our Rotary Club at Worthing Steyne has good links with several local organisations, schools and colleges, and we are always happy to help organisations and especially those for young people.
This year we have been able to have a good link with the Sir Robert Woodard Academy to help supply cricket kit for the girls’ under-13 cricket team.
We are assured the team is very pleased with their new gear and we send our very best wishes for a very successful season.
In our last report, there was news about a new idea we were following up – our new Charity Time Account for anyone to offer some hours to assist local charities, and our club will help you and our partner organisations to match your available time to help them.
If you know of another, special organisation you hope to help, we would be interested to hear about it.
Our idea A.R.C. Lite (Associated with Rotary Clubs and Lite because we plan for it to be easy to use) is similar to Radio 1’s Million Hours Plan, and is also open to individuals and employers who would like to “bank” some of their time in a year to help out a local charity, but cannot commit to a regular day, week or time.
The Radio 1 scheme is national, whereas A.R.C. Lite is local to the Worthing area.
Our target is to have a bank of a thousand hours available from people “saving” some of their time and, with our support, “cashing in” their time when convenient to them and for the local charities who need help.
You can choose when to help or carry on “saving” if that suits you better.
There is no minimum or maximum time and no cash involved.
The idea is proving popular and we have had a good number of enquiries and offers to help.
Please call 07788 638757 if you would like to start saving and helping.
Today a small group of club members will go to France to as part of a larger party to commemorate the Battle of the Boar’s Head tomorrow, when 366 Sussex solders were killed 100 years ago during the First World War.
The club is honoured to be included in this commemoration with others on the centenary of the battle.
Other club members will be at the matching commemoration and ceremony at Worthing Town Hall, at 5pm today.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.