Mandy Redman, 46, of Terringes Avenue, Worthing, was watching her daugther Becky, 10, and son, Jason, 13, play in Tarring Park, Worthing, when Becky was struck in the face by a piece of apparatus on the Titan ride – a multi swing with five separate seats/hanging units connected to a central rotating pillar.
Mandy said: “The distances between the seats should be such that it shouldn’t be able to happen.
“I was shocked at first. I didn’t know what had happened, she was just screaming, she was really upset she was lucky not to lose her tooth.
“I don’t expect to have to check the seat before I let my children play on it. It hit her with real force.
“I would hate it to happen to another child. What has annoyed me is because the council haven’t said anymore I don’t know if it’s a safe ride or not. If it can happen on this ride it can happen on other ones.
“If it’s in more than one playground hopefully they will make sure this doesn’t happen again. I assume the council does regular checks and I would hope they were safe.”
For the full story, see the Worthing Herald, Thursday, August 8.