Police have arrested three people after a man suffered serious facial injuries during an attack outside a Newhaven pub.
The 55-year-old landlord of The Ark, in Riverside, sustained black eyes, multiple cuts to his face and a broken tooth when he was assaulted in the pub’s car park shortly after 10pm on Saturday, May 30.
A 22-year-old man who tried to help the victim was also punched, but was not injured.
A 24-year-old man from London was arrested on June 2 on suspicion of occasioning actual bodily harm and assault by beating.
Two other men, a 27-year-old from Sompting and a 23-year-old from Seaford, were both arrested on Wednesday morning (June 10) on suspicion of occasioning actual bodily harm.
All three men were questioned and have been bailed to August 6.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/
3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.