Wilmington Priory will be open free to the public from November 21 until November 24 from 10am until 4pm.
It will also be open on November 25 from 10am until 1pm.
On November 22 and November 23 the singing group Byrdsong will be performing a selection of traditional seasonal music to get in the mood for Advent and mince pies and spiced cordial will be available.
Wilmington Priory dates back to 1215 and was a satellite of the Benedictine Abbey of Notre-Dame de Grestain, founded in Normandy by Herluin de Conteville and his wife Arlette, the mother of William of Conqueror.
The Priory was a base from which to manage Notre-Dame de Grestain’s English estates. Such cells were unpopular, and Henry V dissolved them, including Wilmington, in 1414.
A spokesman for the Landmark Trust said: “Alterations have taken place in almost every century since and the result is a complex puzzle to unravel, a medieval site with its fine vaulted entrance porch, stair turrets and mullioned window in the Great Chamber along with the comfort of the living rooms improved by the Georgians. Anyone can book the property as self-catering holiday accommodation for up to six people, with the rental income paying for the building’s on-going maintenance.
“The open day is a rare chance for locals to enjoy this historical jewel.”
All are welcome at the free open day and there is no need to book. A free information leaflet will be available to explain the building’s history and restoration. For further information contact the Landmark Trust Booking on 01628 825925 or www.landmarktrust.org.uk.