The public are being urged to take bottles home after a child received a deep cut to his foot on Seaford Beach.
Newhaven Lifeboat was on a training exercise when a member of the public alerted crew on Sunday August 4.
The 12-year-old child stepped on a broken beer bottle and the lifeboat crew dressed the wound.
After returning to the lifeboat station, a first responder and paramedic were on hand to help the patient who was taken to Lewes Hospital.
Coxswain Paul Legendre said: “We would always advise members of the public to take their empty bottles home as they can be quite dangerous, especially to young children playing on the beach.”