Factory fire and caravan blaze attended by West Sussex firefighters

INCIDENTS attended by West Sussex firefighters this weekend include:-

Saturday, May 5, 8.44am to 9.44am:

Chimney fire, in Shellbridge Road, Slindon – thermal imaging camera used by firefighters from Arundel.

Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

Saturday, May 5, 11.49am to 1.02pm:

Factory unit, in Harwood Road, Littlehampton – fire in a single-storey factory unit. Blaze in machinery out on arrival of firefighters from Littlehampton but building smoke-logged. Machinery and debris removed by crew.

Sunday, May 6, 1.55am to 2.21am:

Oak Close, Bognor – fire in caravan parked outside house. Caravan contents 75 per cent damaged by heat and smoke. Arsonists blamed. Crew from Bognor and police in attendance.

Sunday, May 6, 12.13pm to 12.37pm:

A27 at Chichester – crash involving three cars between Tesco roundabout and Donnington roundabout. Nobody trapped in the cars and scene made safe by Chichester firefighters.

Monday, May 7, 2.50am to 2.46am:

South Grove, Petworth – fire in shed at rear of house. Shed destroyed in fire, the cause of which was believed to be accidental. Crew from Petworth fire station in attendance.

Monday, May 7, 8am to 8.22am:

High Street, Selsey – one deer stuck in steel bar gate at the end of the High Street. Male deer released by firefighters from Selsey and left in the care of an RSPCA officer.

Monday, May 7, 1.03pm to 1.15pm:

Wyeham Road, Worthing – gas leak coming from gas fire in lounge of house. Property evacuated by Worthing firefighters and fan used to ventilate.

Monday, May 7, 5.34pm to 8.36pm:

East Beach, Littlehampton – unidentified canister found on seafront tide line. Area cordoned off by firefighters and a phosphorous shell destroyed in controlled explosion by a Royal Navy Bomb Disposal team. Firefighters from Littlehampton, police and ambulance in attendance.

Tuesday, May 8, 8.52am to 9.17am:

Shadwells Road, Lancing – smoke issuing from first-floor flat. Firefighters from Shoreham found unattended cooking in the flat. After ventilating, advice was given to the occupier.

All information is provided by West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.