Retained firefighters from Burwash Fire Station were called to Lunsden Farm in High Street, Etchingham, just before 6pm yesterday (Saturday, August 6).
A van had caught fire on the premises, close to an area where around 60 bales of hay were being stored.
Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze, which caused serious damage to the van.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze started accidentally.
Firefighters were stood down at 6.25pm.
Pictures courtesy of Burwash Fire Station.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.