Watch as firefighters battle smoke from Eastbourne home
Video footage has emerged of a fire at a home in Eastbourne.
Multiple appliances were sent to the scene of a fire in a residential building on Enys Road, said East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service in a statement just after 3pm.
A spokesperson added: "The incident is a result of an electrical fire starting in the basement. One aerial ladder platform, four breathing apparatus, one main jet and one seven foam are being used.
"Please avoid the area."
Nearby residents are also now being urged to keep their windows shut.
The fire service confirmed that one patient, with smoke inhalation, has been left in the care of paramedics from South East Coast Ambulance Service.
Six fire engines were initially at the scene, following the emergency call at 1.25pm. Two further appliances have since arrived to tackle the fire.