Woman treated for smoke inhalation after cooker blaze in Pevensey

Latest News
Latest News

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation on Monday night (June 16) after a fire at a home in Pevensey.

Firefighters from Hailsham and Eastbourne were called to the blaze at 8.46pm.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said there had been a small fire in a pan.

Crews gave one woman oxygen therapy after she suffered smoke inhalation.

South East Coast Ambulance also attended and the woman was left in the care of a paramedic.

The fire service has issued cooking safety advice. A spokesman said: “There are several things you can do to prevent fires in the kitchen. Make sure you don’t get distracted when you are cooking.

Take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you’re called away from the cooker, eg by a phone call. Take care if you’re wearing loose clothing as it can catch fire easily. Don’t cook if you have been drinking alcohol or taken prescription drugs - you may get drowsy or lose concentration. Double check the cooker is off when you have finished cooking.”