Catch LIVE updates of Horsham v Lewes ONLINE this Bank Holiday Monday

CAN’T make Lewes’ local derby clash with Horsham on Bank Holiday Monday?

Then stay informed of all the latest match news with live up-to-the-minute updates via the Sussex Express website.

Coverage starts from around 2pm. Simply click on HORSHAM V LEWES LIVE, then click the exterior link that will bring you to the live update feed.

Be the first to find out all the important action from Gorings Mead. It’s the next best thing to being there.

Lewes into their second home game in three games today when they take on Billericay Town, following the Rook’s 1-0 win over the Met Police in what was Steve King’s first competitive match in charge of the side at the Dripping Pan in over three years.

Following a disappointing 3-1 defeat away to the bookies joint favourites for the Ryman Premier League, Lowestoft Town, on Saturday, the Rooks bounced back on Wednesday night with a solid display and win against a team many experts are tipping to be hard nuts to crack this season

A goal on the turn from Paul Booth two minutes before half-time was enough to seal the three points.

Lewes manager King made two changes to the side which had lost at Lowestoft in their opening game of the season, with Malvin Kamara and Paul Booth coming in for Hakeem Adelakun and Ian Draycott.

The Rooks nearly took the lead in the first minute when Wade Small nearly capitalised on a header from Tyron Smith, but his his lob over keeper Jamie Butler also went over the crossbar.

The visitors should have taken the lead on six minutes when Steve Williams could only parry a Smith free-kick, but Orlando Jeffrey sent the rebound over from two yards.

The Rooks felt they should have had a penalty midway through the first half when Nic Ciardini appeared to be tripped by Elliott Taylor but the referee neither gave the spot kick or booked the player for simulation.

Some Lewes pressure towards the end of the half finally told when Booth turned and sent an acrobatic volley into an empty net from just inside the penalty area after the Met goalkeeper had come off his line failed to clear a cross from the right from the impressive Malvin Kamara.

Lewes started the second half impressively, but despite this, it was the Police team who thought they had come closest to scoring when Staforde Palmer beat Max Hustwick to a through-ball and appeared to be upended by keeper Williams as the goalkeeper came off his line to narrow the angle. But as with the Lewes penalty appeal in the first half though, the official neither pointed to the spot or booked the player for simulation.

Williams had to be at his best to prevent Palmer from equalising, as the striker deflected a shot from Smith towards the other side of the goal from point-blank range.

The Rooks had another genuine strong penalty appeal turned down when Steve Nicol lookalike Nic Ciardini appeared to be tripped in the penalty area again, this time by Steve Sutherland. However, for the third time in the game, the referee turned down an appeal for what appeared to be an obvious penalty.

That was the last talking pont before the final whistle.