Peacehaven stay three points clear at top with Selsey win – county league round-up

Share this article

Peacehaven won 2-0 against Selsey with a volley from Ashley Rees on 39 minutes and a Carl Dunk penalty nine minutes into the second half.

The win keeps the Tye three points clear of East Preston and Ringmer at the top of County League Division One.

Ringmer won 3-0 at home to Lancing, with second half goals from Matt Percival (62 mins), Ryan Bradley (65) and Scott Marshall (80). East Preston won 5-1 at home to East Grinstead Town, with Terry Dodd hitting four of EP’s goals.

Hailsham Town remain 15th in Division One despite their 4-1 defeat away at St Francis Rangers. The hosts’ goals came from Andy Mott (12 mins), Charlie Pitcher (25 and 34) and Sam Jeremiah (56) with Trevor McCreadie hitting the Stringers’ sole effort five minutes after half time.

AFC Uckfield lost 2-0 at Arundel with the hosts scoring through two Michael Huckett goals. Huckett scored 10 minutes into the game before hitting his second 10 minutes from the end.

The Uckers stay second bottom in Division One but are now nine points behind Chichester City after City won 5-4 at home to Shoreham.

Newhaven’s lead at the top of Division Two was cut to six points after a 2-0 home defeat to second-placed Littlehampton Town.

Town have five games in hand and are now firmly in the box-seat for the league title following their victory at Fort Road.

Both goals came in the second half – the first a penalty from Mitchell Hand on 48 minutes, the second a strike by his brother, Danny, on the hour mark.

Seaford Town lost 3-1 at home to Bexhill United despite taking a first minute lead through Alex Thompson.

Jordan Woodley replied three minutes later and Sam White gave them the lead nine minutes into the second half. Former Town captain Tom Morton then put the game out of the home side’s reach four minutes later.

Bottom side Saltdean United lost 3-2 at home to third-placed team Eastbourne United AFC.

The Tigers took a seventh-minute lead through Danny Davis and held that lead until half time.

But a brace of Liam Baitup goals five and 10 minutes after the interval put the Oval outfit ahead.

Matthew Fleming drew Saltdean level with a header from a corner but Simon Catt won the points for United with 13 minutes to go.

The Tigers had welcomed the signing of former Eastbourne Borough defender Ollie Hartley from East Preston two days before.

A last minute goal saw Uckfield Town lose 2-1 at home to Sidlesham in Division Three.

Andy Hounsome took the lead for Sidlesham on 10 minutes before Dean Ridley levelled with 20 minutes to go. But John Phillips won it for Sidlesham on 90 minutes.