Rustington can’t Park the bus against Bognor

There are wins for Bognor Town, Chi City Youth, Chi Colts and Selsey Seals - plus picture focus on Barnham Trojans - in this week’s youth football round-up.

Barnham Trojans under-eights
Barnham Trojans under-eights

Get involved by sending your match reports and team pictures to [email protected]


Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

Bognor Town 4 Rustington Park Youth 0

Bognor dominated from the whistle to win through to the cup semi-finals.

Ben Hauxwell and Mason HagaHammond linked well with Joe Bennett and Jack Parkinson.

Parkinson converted a ball from Will Linnott to put Bognor in the lead.

Rustington Park attempted to penetrate Bognor’s defence but the back-line thwarted all attacks.

Parkinson put Bognor 2-0 up, beating several players before slotting home. Jodey Scott kept out any shots Rustington Park managed.

Bognor opened the second half with increased pressure staying in Rustingtons half.

A corner by Stanley Robey was headed towards goal by Hauxwell and deflected in by Harley Bain.

Parkinson sealed the deal with a hat-trick-clinching goal deflected in off his knee.

BOGNOR: Jodey Scott, Harley Bain, Joe Bull, Rafael Lechkofski, Ben Hauxwell, Mason HagaHammond, Harry Wallers, Joe Bennett, Kai Swanson, Ben Greece-Harber, Antonio Maple, Jack Parkinson, Will Lenott, Johnny Pardey, Stanley Robey.


Chichester City Youth 7 Worthing Dynamos 0

Chi City Youth followed up a 2-1 win over Chi Colts with a resounding victory over Worthing Dynamos to stay top of the A division.

Chi opened the scoring on ten minutes. A throw-in from the left taken by Bennetts was controlled by Price who played it back to the

midfielder. He crossed to Martin, who tucked it away.

Worthing searched for an equaliser but Thorn denied them. Good, Robinson and Leonard were strong in defence.

The second goal came when a lovely move involving Peyman, Price and Daley ended with Martin turning to fire in.

On the half-hour the game was effectively over. Price won the ball and laid it back for Martin, who chipped sweetly over the goalie to

complete a first half hat-trick.

After the break, Daley, Martin and Peyman combined for Price to slide the ball home.

Two minutes later it was 5-0 as Price ran through to slot in his second.

Martin got his fourth with a tap-in from a Bennett’s cross. With a couple of minutes remaining Chi won a free kick 30 yards from goal which Daley thumped in.

Chichester Colts 4 Hove Park Colts 2

Chichester Colts shone to make progress in the cup.

Chichester Colts went ahead when James Nicol delivered a beautiful corner from the left that captain Sam Jones flicked on to Jack Angell, who scored.

Hove Park were awarded a penalty. Sam Williams saved it but the ball was deflected back to the taker who equalised.

Chichester made a few substitutions and positive words from the management during half-time galvanised them.

Hove Park went ahead from a shot that found its way over Williams’ head into the top of the goal.

Chichester were awarded a free-kick that Toby Evans delivered to Taylor Parker, who made it 2-2.

Soon Evans delivered another great ball to Parker, who was one-on-one with the Hove Park goalie and converted.

Another Evans pass set up Parker to complete his hat-trick.

Taylor Rochester showed off his pace in defence while Will Parker in midfield put in some fantastic tackles and was named MoM.


Selsey Seals 8 Pulborough Pythons 1

Selsey Seals opened the scoring in a closely-fought first half as both teams toiled in torrential rain.

The second half saw Pulborough deservedly equalise with a well-placed shot in the top corner, giving the Seals keeper no chance, but conditions began to play a part as Pulborough struggled with wind and rain in their faces.

The Seals’ dominance began to show and a final flurry in the last ten minutes saw Ayling (4), Grocott, Montague, Green and Hains on the scoresheet. Seals lost three players to the conditions but were comfortable winners.

The team are sponsored by the Bay Braklesham and were grateful for newly-acquired training jackets provided by G Ryan.

Selsey Seals 5 Whyke Dynamos 3

Selsey Seals moved up to second in C division after a close-fought game at the Academy.

The Seals got off to a flying start, scoring early and building on it to take a 3-1 lead at half-time. Whyke started slowly but the half-time team talk seemed to stir them into life and, after Selsey scored the fourth, they brought themselves back into it.

Whyke got it back to 4-3 and were awarded a penalty after a foul in the box but Jones stood firm and made the save – in addition to several other great saves.

Another for the Seals wrapped it up, their scorers Montague (3), Grocott and Hains.

Chi Colts 1 Lancing United Youth 3

Chi started confidently considering they had lost to Lancing the previous week.

The first 15 minutes seemed to be all Chi and a fine goal from Joe Middleton made it 1-0. Chi battled on to try to make it two and there were some good runs by Teddy Phillipo.

But Lancing scored right on half-time to make it one each.

In the second half, Lancing, playing downhill, scored two more. Chi did bring a few more saves out of the Lancing keeper but had to admit defeat.


Barnham Trojans under-eights have two teams named the Reds and Blues. Both play in the Arun & Chichester Youth League playing development football.

They train every Saturday at the Arun Leisure Centre and play home games at Walberton Recreation Ground. The boys are from the Barnham area and is a real community team.


Bosham under-16s, who play in the Arun & Chichester Youth League, have issued a plea for new players.

Club manager John Stead is keen to add to his existing squad and would like to hear from anyone interested. He can be contacted on 07982 316665 or email [email protected]

Players who are currently in Years 11 or 10 at school will be eligible.