Sussex Senior Cup round-up: Goals galore in second round as Hastings shock Crawley Town

It was the second round of the Sussex Senior Cup tonight (Tuesday) and there were plenty of goals and shocks shared around the grounds.

Sussex Senior Cup
Sussex Senior Cup

Hastings United caused the shock of the night, beating League Two Crawley Town 2-1 after extra time.

Ryman Premier Lewes hammered Hailsham Town 8-1 at the Beaconsfield, with Sam Divall getting the Stringers’ consolation.

Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

Little Common beat Oakwood 3-1. Byron Nichol, Russell Eldridge and Jared Lusted scored Common’s goals while Gez Manville replied for Oakwood.

Southern Combination Premier division Horsham beat Ryman South Peacehaven and Telscombe 3-1 thanks to second half goals from Evan Archibald, Kieron Pamment and Terry Dodd.

Littlehampton Town enjoyed an impressive 5-0 win over Loxwood with goals coming from Ryan Bell, Scott Packer, Mitchell Hand, Nehniah McKenley-Burke and George Landais.

Whitehawk, the only Sussex non-league side left in the FA Cup, showed their class with a 4-1 win over in-form Lancing.

Wes Tate hit a brace as Eastbourne Town beat Newhaven 4-2. Jason Taylor and Jason Bolwell scored the other goals for the Saffrons side while the Dockers’ scorers were Ryan Walton and Ebou Hallow.

Terrell Lewis scored Pagham’s only goal as they lost 2-1 Burgess Hill Town. Chris Smith and an 89th minute strike from Phil Johnson saw the Hillians home.

Eastbourne Borough cruised to a 4-1 win against Worthing United. Pat Rose scored United’s consolation in the 56th minute.

Aaron Meehan and Josh Biggs scored as Arundel beat Crawley Down Gatwick 2-0.

Broadbridge Heath carried on their good form with a 4-0 win over Ringmer thanks to Tiago Andrade, Scott Weller, Kieren Purkis and an own goal.

Bognor Regis Town beat Langney Wanderers 2-0. Alfie Rutherford got the clincher for the Ryman Premier side in the 86th minute.

Steyning Town beat Hassocks 3-1, while Southern Combination divison one side Haywards Heath Town, on a run of 15 straight wins, took Ryman South East Grinstead into extra time with the score 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Reports of individual matches will appear on the relevant websites.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make this website your homepage

2 Like our Facebook page at

3 Follow us on Twitter @SportSussex

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!