The black tie event, held at The Grand Hotel on Friday, celebrated the achievements made by Sussex sports stars and welcomed special guest, London 2012-heptathlete, Louise Hazel, and regular host, BBC Sussex presenter Danny Pike.
The full list of winners is:
- Amber Anning of Brighton & Hove Athletics Club has won the University of Chichester Young Sports Personality of the Year Award.
- Winner of the Sussex County FA Volunteer of the Year Award is Gary Vidgeon of Brighton Table Tennis Club.
- Killabeez (Streetfunk) have won the Juice 107.2 Young Team of the Year Award.
- Sportivate Brighton & Hove Hockey Hot Stars have won the Sportivate Project of the Year Award.
- Chichester District Council has won the Workplace Challenge Award.
- Alison Groves has won the Sport England Outstanding Contribution to Sport Award.
- The Primary School of the Year Award was won by Rustington’s Summerlea Community Primary School.
- Shoreham-based David Fickweiler was named the BBC Sussex Unsung Hero of the Year.
- 13-year old Mia Bailey came away winner of the Young Volunteer of the Year Award for her work at Wickers Gymnastics.
- Kim Stenning, of Albion in the Community (AITC), won the Coach of the Year Award.
- Zara Williams of Crawley Town Living Saving Club has won the Freedom Leisure Sports Personality of the Year Award.
- Winners of the Team of the Year Award are the SCLGA Sussex Ladies Golf First Team.
- Holly Tadman has won the University of Brighton Disabled Sports Personality of the Year Award.
Sadie Mason MBE, Active Sussex Chief Executive said: “I would like to congratulate all our winners and nominees throughout Sussex on their wonderful achievements this year. The awards ceremony rewards quality, achievement, determination and commitment to those involved in sport across the county. Hearing their stories was truly inspirational and they are a credit to their sports and themselves. I hope that the winners, and of course all of those shortlisted, use this as a platform on which to build for further success in competitions throughout 2016.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make this website your homepage
2 Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/pages/Sport-Sussex
3 Follow us on Twitter @SportSussex
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!