The Rebels can finally start to plan their pre-season programme following fresh government guidelines issued at the weekend.
The FA has said training in groups of up to 30 can start now, matches can be arranged in August and non-league divisions at Worthing’s level can start in September.
The Isthmian League – which Worthing led last season until the campaign was written off – is likely to start on September 19.
Hinshelwood said it was nice to have clarity and the next move for his squad would be to step up their training from the small groups they had been working in.
Friendlies are likely during August, though most or all of these may need to be away from home as work is continuing on improvements to Woodside Road.
Hinshelwood said: “We’re waiting for it to be confirmed but the latest news about when the league is likely to start gives us something to plan towards.
“Everything seems to be slowly getting back to a new normality.
“We’re still keen to hear when fans will be allowed through the gates, and how many, as I can’t see the league allowing much of a start without supporters.
“The fans are as eager as the players to return and I can promise our supporters we’ll be ready when the league starts.
“I’ve already seen in our smaller training groups the attitude of the lads is first-class. Some have been arriving early or staying on to do extra work.
“The past couple of days have been non-stop with clubs getting in touch wanting to arrange friendlies, so those will need to be confirmed.
“In the first week of August I’d think we’d step up the training; that gives us plenty of weeks to work on things.”
Hinshelwood has been delighted to have a pre-season squad of about 20 to work with, mostly players who were at the club last season. But he still hopes to add another three or so players – including a goalkeeper and a maybe a new loanee from the Brighton & Hove Albion youth ranks.