Back in June, developer Mosaique said it planned to submit a planning application for a major regeneration project 'by the end of August'. Click here for our story at the time.
The timetable elapsed without comment - but after the Herald requested an update last month, today a spokesman for Mosaique provided an update (Friday, October 26).
Mosaique chief executive Aized Sheikh said: "We anticipate submitting our full planning application within the next six weeks.
"We remain determined to submit a firm, credible and deliverable vision for Station Square. We are continuing to invest the time now to get the final details right, my team and I remain firmly committed to this watershed development for Worthing which I believe will provide for amazing opportunities for young professionals and families to live, work and play."
Buildings, including the multi-storey car park, have been demolished after Worthing Borough Council secured government funding to help push for progress on the site.
The demolition was completed in June.
Click here to read more about plans for the site, unveiled at a public consultation in late 2017.