Packed with protein and made with natural and organic YaconViva Yacon Syrup and YaconViva Cacao Nibs, this is the ideal low sugar, high protein sweet treat.
2 Small mashed bananas
50g Melted coconut oil
3 tbsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon or 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
80g YaconViva Cacao Nibs
80g Chopped Walnuts
1 tsp Almond Essence
1 Scoop Protein
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c and grease a muffin tray.
2. Mix the oats, protein powder, YaconViva Cacao Nibs and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, YaconViva Yacon Syrup and almond essence.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until it resembles a dough like texture. Fold in the walnuts slowly as it starts to form.
5. Transfer into a muffin tray and flatten with a spoon.
6. Leave for 5 minutes before baking for 15-17 minutes and golden brown on top.
7. Allow to cool before transferring to a serving plate and enjoy!
Recipe created by @brunchinpairs / Laura Pyatt
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.
Stay safe, and best wishes.