Jason’s Sourdough, the creators of the artisan sourdough sliced loaf, and food and travel blogger, Elizabeth Atia, have teamed up to create a seafood chowder recipe, accompanied with a serving of Jason’s artisan sourdough.
Recipe created by Elizabeth Atia (Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary) in partnership with Jason’s Sourdough, available at M&S, RRP £1.80.
2 tbsp butter
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml fish stock (or chick or vegetable)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
450g salmon, diced
220g smoked haddock, diced
200ml double cream
250g winkles, cooked
50g rainbow chard, chopped
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Heat the butter in a soup pot and gently cook the onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes, until it softens.
2. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the fish stock and potatoes. Simmer, over low heat, for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the milk, salmon and haddock and cook a further ten minutes until the fish is cooked.
5. Add the double cream and rainbow chard and heat through until the chard has wilted.
6. Serve with the winkles, fresh parsley and buttered Jason’s Sourdough.
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.