Chip pan fire damages two Warnham homes

A chip pan caught fire yesterday (Monday January 13), damaging a Warnham house and a neighbouring property.

Firefighters were called to the scene, in Warnham Street, at around 7.45pm.

The fire was in the ground floor kitchen which was well alight on arrival.

Breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera were used as the fire was brought under control.

A fan was then used to clear the smoke which also caused ten per cent damage to a neighbouring home.