Man led to safety following kitchen fire

AN elderly man was led to safety by firefighters after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

Emergency response.
Emergency response.

Two fire crews attended the small kitchen fire in a ground-floor flat in Charles Court, Clifton Road, Worthing, at 6.50pm last night.

Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

The cause of the fire was accidental and involved a kettle and cooker.

The man was assessed by paramedics but had no injuries.

Firefighters left the scene at 7.36pm.