Change of operations announced for Hastings Pier
Event planners Music First Events announced the change on Friday (July 10).
They have been given a temporary tenure for the summer of 2020 but have the option to continue ‘if successful’.
The structure of the Grade-II listed structure remains under control of owner Sheikh Abid Gulzar.
Music First Events said it started the ‘monumental’ task of cleaning up the pier two weeks ago and plans to operate with new opening hours.
James and Mustafa, from Music First Events, said: “The reset button has been pressed and we need your support!
“We feel it’s time to forget the past and move forward positively. With so many exciting plans to be revealed over the coming weeks. We are confident that we will be able to breathe life back into this beloved landmark.
“Our aim is to offer the space back to the local community. If you have a group that needs space – contact us. If you have a passion you wish to share with the world – contact us. If you need a platform to showcase your talent - contact us.
“We shall engage with all. Your constructive criticism is most welcome but we cannot and do not intend to be all things to all people - it’s just not possible. As a small team, in the next few weeks we may require some patience in regards to responding to messages. Please bare with us and know we will be doing all that we can to make Hastings Pier loved again.
“As a gesture of goodwill we have un-banned all those that were previously in Facebook Jail. We welcome you back, your opinions matter but please play nice.
“We hope to see you all soon.”
The change in operations comes days after the mayor of Hastings, councillor Nigel Sinden, apologised for not maintaining social distancing as the pier reopened to the public on Monday.
Despite his apology, representatives of the pier denied social distancing had been breached, saying it had been maintained throughout.