Update: Pro-Palestinian protest outside Thales, Crawley
SSAI said the firm helped develop a drone which was used over Gaza.
A spokesman said protestors were not able to ‘make contact’ with Thales workers as they left the building after Thales closed the gate near the demonstration.
He said thousands of leaflets about the demonstration were handed out to drivers waiting at traffic light junctions in London Road.
He added there was a ‘blockade’ by Inminds at the site last night which showed support for the campaign.
SSAI is part of a wider global Stop Arming Israel movement which calls on the UK to end its arms trade with Israel.
Ben Steele, one of the SSAI activists, said in a statement: “We have been really heartened by the huge response we’ve had to our Call-out for the 8th of April. Over 30 groups campaigning for justice and human rights have endorsed the protest, and have pledged to join us on the day.”
Thales has been approached for comment, but has yet to respond.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.