Third Brighton player tests positive for coronavirus

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber said a third player at Brighton and Hove Albion has returned a positive test for coronavuirus

Three players have tested positive at Brighton and Hove Albion
Three players have tested positive at Brighton and Hove Albion

Two other first team players had previously tested positive and now the third will self-isolate for 14 days.

Premier League clubs are due to meet tomorrow (Monday) regarding the Project Restart plan.

Sign up to our daily SussexWorld Today newsletter

"It is a concern," said Barber. "Despite all of the measures that we've been taking over the past few weeks, where the players haven't been involved in any significant training at all, we've still suffered another player testing positive for the virus."

A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton: In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.

With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.

Stay safe, and best wishes.