Crawley Town 1, Barrow 1: Orsi penalty claims vital points for Reds against play-off rivals

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Crawley Town keep their play-off hopes alive tonight after a 1-1 draw against play-off rivals Barrow.

The goal came 36 minutes into the game, with Emile Acquah scoring the only goal of the half through a well-executed header from an Elliot Newby cross.

Crawley equalised through a penalty, with top scorer Danilo Orsi having sent the keeper the wrong way to put the Reds back level.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Jay Williams had the first chance of the game, with his long shot having just fizzed over the bar, before he picked up his 15th yellow card of the game, which means that he will miss the remainder of the season through suspension.

Jay Williams picked up his 15th booking of the season against Barrow | Picture: Eva GilbertJay Williams picked up his 15th booking of the season against Barrow | Picture: Eva Gilbert
Jay Williams picked up his 15th booking of the season against Barrow | Picture: Eva Gilbert

Barrow's first chance came from former Red Dom Telford, with his shot blocked and went into the path of Luca Stephenson whose shot was well saved by Corey Addai.

Crawley pushed for that first goal, as Harry Forster took the ball past two Barrow defenders before his ball to Williams was intercepted as the midfielder went to take his shot.

Ade Adeyemo went on a brilliant run, as he took the ball deep into the Barrow half before he played a one-two with Klaidi Lolos which put him through on goal, but Paul Farman did well to palm the ball away.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Even though Crawley had more of the ball, it was the away team to take the lead, with the ball crossed in the box by Elliot Newby and Emile Acquah charged into the box and headed the ball brilliantly into the bottom right-hand corner.

Klaidi Lolos almost levelled up just before half time, as his volley was tipped over by Farman between the Barrow sticks, before in injury time Adeyemo met Laurence Maguire’s cross at the back post but just headed wide.

Crawley started the second half the brighter and created a great move which ended in Danilo Orsi’s cross just missed Jeremy Kelly before being poked put for a corner.

From a corner, Crawley came close with Lolos’s shot having hit the arm of Rory Freely, with nothing given at first, but the ref eventually gave it after a second view from the linesman.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

After a long wait, Orsi stood up and sent the keeper the wrong way, as the Crawley fans erupted with noise.

The hosts kept creating chances with some neat moves but could not put the chances away, with Adam Campbell having a long shot saved before Harry Forster’s shot just went past the post.

Addai kept the hosts level with a triple save, with two quick fire reaction saves before he casually caught the ball.

The Crawley keeper was made to work again, as Barrow substitute Ben Whitfield was through on goal, but his shot could not find a way past the Crawley number 1.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The away team were still a threat and came close late on with Sam Foley headed over from close range, before the away team had the ball in the back of the net before the referee pulled it back for a foul.

In injury time, Lolos was found free in the box from a cross but could not divert his header into the bottom left-hand corner as it just went wide, before the skipper Dion Conroy fired a long shot wide.

Related topics: